Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Crim 301 Researched Paper

My research topic was on the laws that affect different types of sex offenders. One source that I found useful was an article from an online website titled " Does Sex Offender Registration Deter Crime"? I think in some cases it does, and it is effective, but studies have shown it hardly isn't. Cases have shown most sex offenders re-offend after they are released into the community.
Advice I can give to the upcoming new students in Crim 301 DO NOT PROCRASTINATE! Gather all your sources, online articles, books, and try to outline your paper. Professor Hicks is really nice, and do not be afraid to ask for help. One of my problems was trying to come up with a topic that I would enjoy writing 12 pages on. Find a topic that interest you, and that has tons of information. Note: the beginning 5 weeks will be extremely hard, but all the assignments will help you to get you ready for the researched paper.

- Vanessa Alvarez

No comments:

Post a Comment