Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Researched Paper

My research topic was on stress programs in police work. I chose this topic because it was interesting and also because there isn’t much research on it. Most research talks about the different kinds of stress there are in the field of policing, but none discuss the programs that can help police officers cope with stress. I also looked at the effectiveness of the programs that were available. A source that I found useful was books. I thought that most of the research could have been done without the use of books but it turns out that there are books with helpful information. The book I found useful was Treating Police Stress by John M. Madonna, Jr. & Richard E. Kelly. This book contains many helpful sources for this topic. I learned many new things on my topic that I did not know prior to this researched paper. This paper takes a lot of time to write so give yourself enough time to do it. Complete all the little assignments that lead up to the researched paper because it makes it easier. I would say that anyone taking this class in the future should use their time wisely. I also recommend being organized and outline your topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment