Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Research Paper

Crim. 301 is a very writing intensive course. To future students I recommend that you attend all classes and complete all assignments. The assignment are all tools that help in writing your research paper. This course also helps identify your writing strengths and weaknesses and how to correct them. Now for the research paper, My topic was to examine job placement programs in the prison system and determine if they are beneficial to society and in reducing recidivism. some advice I can give to new students are to be prepared to have no social life because it is a lot of work. I would advise you to start early just in case you find that your topic does not have much support. This will give you enough time to change the topic. The library visits were very helpful in how to find research and how to use refworks. I will admit i did struggle with the paper because i wanted to have a great paper. Do not be afraid to visit the writing center or ask Jenny for help they are more than willing to lend a hand. One source I found really helpful was a Journal article by Ross Pavis titled, Preparing Federal Prison Inmates for Employment after Release: An innovation at the Federal Bureau of Prisons. Honestly, I found a lot more books than articles that helped articulate my stand on my topic. ONCE AGAIN I CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH START EARLY you will be glad you did at the end of the quarter.



ANDREW MEDRANO

No comments:

Post a Comment