Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Finally I Could BREATHE!

At this point, I don't know what makes me more happy! That I finally finish this paper or that I could finally BREATHE?

BEST PIECE OF ADVISE: Make sure that when you take this class your ready for the work load.  Since Day 1 you will be expected to complete various assignments and start thinking about your research topic. PLEASE don't wait till the last minute!  Since the beginning, when the teacher would tell us to start thinking about our research topic I would always try to put it behind me. Why? Because I though that it would be like any other research paper. Easy. I THOUGHT WRONG! This paper consists of choosing a research topic where you would be expected to deeply analyze your research material and be able to bring in all the resources you found and put them together into a Literature Review.
My topic was on the effectives of education that juvenile delinquents receive while incarcerated.
I had the advantage of writing my topic based on the environment that I experience on a daily basis.
If any one is interested in writing about this topic make sure to stop by the library and check out the book Juvenile Justice: A Guide to Practice and Theory written by Steven M. Cox and John J. Conrad.  This book is beyond helpful because it will go into further discussion about the different areas in a juvenile delinquent life's.  Most importantly, it contains important theories that are based on the topic.
I could seriously say this has been the best writing class ever.  Even though it was quite challenging and consisted of A LOT of work it helped me improve my writing skills.  If you want to do so too, TAKE Ms. Hicks. She is very helpful.  She will immediately reply to your email and is willing to help at all times.

No comments:

Post a Comment