Tuesday, June 12, 2012

PLAN AHEAD it will prevent you from loosing it...

I encourage you to find a topic that you are most interested in relating to criminal justice, this will allow you to be motivated in your writing process. Also plan ahead that way you will have enough time to research your topic and make corrections on your paper. Since this is a 10-12 page literature review it is important to do this step by step it will be worth it. Don't try to do it all at once because it is impossible. Also visit the writing center, library, and email the professor as much as you can, They are there to HELP YOU. Finally, I suggest you follow the guidelines in order to successfully do well in the course. There is a lot of writing involved, but don't be scared it can be done. I wish I would have chosen my topic earlier on in the course, that way I could have done more research. By getting a head start and knowing what you will be writing about will make it less stressful.

The topic for my literature review was What theories explain the causes for Juvenile Delinquency, and what preventive  programs are there in order to rehabilitate. The source that I found most helpful was the book tittled Juvenile Delinquency and Justice Sociological Perspectives. By Ronald J. Berger and Paul D. Gregory found on the campus library.

No comments:

Post a Comment