Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I'm so glad It's over!!!!

Finally I’ll be able to enjoy a weekend. First of all, I was to say that this is the hardest class I have ever taken. If you are the type of person that like missing class, fails to due some assignments, and does not pay attention during class, then run while you can because this is not the class for you. If I had a chance to go back in time there are a few things I would have done differently with this class. One of them is allowing me enough time to complete my assignments in a timely manner. Especially, with the literature review that this class requires us to complete. A literature review is a very time consuming assignment and that is why I HIGHLY recommend to start on it the second week of class. I regret not starting on it during the 5th/6th week. Since I waited until the last week, I was pressure and stressed out to finish my lit review in a timely manner. My only advice for this class is to not start on time… but to start before. That way you will be able to at least enjoy a bit more this class. My topic for my lit review was Juvenile Recidivism and the Factors that contribute them to re-offend.  While looking for articles and book, I came across a very helpful article. If your topic has to do with factors of recidivism I recommend Shane Jimerson’s study, The Santa Barbara Assets and Risks Assessment to Predict Recidivism Among Male and Female Juveniles: An Investigation of Inter-rater Reliability and Predictive Validity. In regards to book I recommend you skim through this book by Bartollas, C. titled, Juvenile Justice In America 3rd edition. With that said, I am glad I took this class, but I’m also glad that our professor made the class fun. I learned so much and I do not regret taking this class -Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment