Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Relax and get started


First and most importantly DON'T get stress or overwhelmed by the assignment.  I suggest you start looking up a topics “ASAP”. The sooner you start your assignment the better your score will be.  It is normal to be confused but stay positive. It is important to constantly ask questions. Visit with the professor, librarian, and/or writing center for any research questions.  Theories are easily found in books, so I suggest you begin your research at the library. The writting center can also help you find journal articles that may concern your topic. 

My topic for my literature review assignment was drug involvement factors among juveniles over time. The majority of my sources were library books. I found text books concerning juvenile delinquency and they provided sufficient theories and other useful information about youth crimes, behaviors, and solutions. For such reasons this book was useful for me, Siegel, L. J., & Welsh, B. C. (2008). Juvenile delinquency the core (Vol. lll). Belmont , CA: Thomas learning inc. Like I said before, visit with a librarian to help you choose or research a topic. The assignment gets easier once you determine your topic. No matter what always revise your work.  

No comments:

Post a Comment