Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I've Lost My Mojo

Well that was horrible...I started off the first half of the quarter at a good pace, then BAM! as soon as we got into research territory I lost my mojo. I'm so glad I took this class during spring quarter because I'm going to need the whole summer break to recuperate from that. I don't know why it happened because I had my research topic in mind during the second or third week of class! Any who, I suggest you know in which direction you are headed with your topic as soon as you have chosen your topic, that way you don't go around in circles while doing the research (like I did). I also recommend what every one else has already said, start early! Trust me because I am a HUGE life long procrastinator who thought I can write a 12 page research paper in 2 days. Didn't work out too well for me...  
My research paper was on Psychopaths. I focused on what the criminal justice field says about them. And they are basically a thorn in their side because psychopaths have the highest rate of living a criminal life style through out the life span. One source I recommend, if you plan on doing research on this topic, is the book "Understanding Criminal Behavior: Psychosocial approaches to criminality" by David W. Jones. This book has a couple of chapters that talk about psychopathy. It talks about the theories, childhood abuse, and the Psychopathy Checklist-Revised (PCL-R). You'll know what the PCL-R is if you do research on this topic. I'm too lazy to explain it right now. Well good luck to you if you decide to stick it out and stay in this class. I'm glad I did. It was a class that not only challenged my mind, but also challenged my habits.
-Eliza

No comments:

Post a Comment