Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I'll Have Another!

1. This literature review research paper can be a bit intimidating at first. Once you receive your guidelines to this paper your first thoughts will be, "What did I get myself into?!" Don't worry, this isn't as bad as it seems. I advice to start on this paper early and start researching day by day. The researching is time consuming, so I would recommend to start on this once you know what your topic will be. Once you get all the research done, the paper starts to put itself together. Ten pages can seem a lot, but once you have enough research, the problem becomes shortening what you want to put in your paper and what's important. I do wish that I would have had a little more time to proofread a couple more times. I also would have liked to work on the paper a lot more consistently because I would have to read information over and over because I forgot what I read a couple days back. Everyone feels that they can do better.

2. My topic was Organized Crime. I wanted to answer the question, how has law enforcement approached organized crime throughout the years? One source that I felt was extremely useful was Lyman, D. Michael. & Potter, W. Gary. 2007. Theories of Organized Criminal. These sources can be difficult to find, so I recommend using the library portal to find journals. I also recommend using books. I found that books had a lot of useful information that was not posted in the internet. I would start by searching google to get some brief information on your topic, then go to the library portal to find peer reviewed information. 

Well now we can all breath and celebrate the summer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment