Sunday, June 10, 2012

Tough but helpful criminal justice class

Despite the fact that this class was by far the toughest class I've had, I really enjoyed it. At first I didn't think I would be able to write a 10-12 page paper but by writing a little each day, you really finish quickly. And I'm sure it has been said a lot but really don't procrastinate on the literature review. If you feel like you can't sit and write for long periods of time then write a little each day. This is how I finished with a little time to spare. Another helpful thing was the library. We had to go to the library for class two times and I finally found out how to find a book there. The librarian was also helpful because she shows you how to find articles that may help with the literature review. The topic I chose was the Three Strikes Law. I chose this topic because it seemed interesting and I wanted a topic that not many people would choose. Believe it or not books are more helpful because most of the information I got was from a book Three Strikes And You're Out: Vengeance as a Public Policy. Lastly, don't stress about this class. Nothing good comes from getting stressed out. If you complete all the classwork, you should be fine. Professor Jenny answers her email really quickly so if you have questions don't hesitate to ask. I advise you start thinking of a good topic A.S.A.P. Good luck future CRIM 301 students!

No comments:

Post a Comment