Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Juvenile Delinquency and Prevention Programs, Analyzing Success and   Failures

Big paper DO NOT DELAY TO THE LAST SECOND! YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT! Ok, I lied your life does not depend on it but your grade does. The research paper process is a little difficult. The articles that you have to read are very time consuming and piecing the information together is the hard part. Once you got this down it's easy flying after that. Knowing what I know now (which I have always known) is to not procrastinate till the last second. You know the saying, "Procrastinators Unite!......Ok maybe tomorrow", well I'm one of those. TRUST ME, you do not want to procrastinate or else your going to end up with 4 empty redbull cans, coffee, and other forms of caffeine and your going to start noticing that you might be seeing noises instead of hearing them. If I didn't procrastinate till the last second I would have probably have written a better paper. Another tip, go to the writing center. I know it might seem like a drag but trust me it'll help! Unfortunately, I only got to go once and that was for a different paper but if I had known how helpful they would have been I wouldn't wait to the last second and try to get an appointment again and get rejected -_-. OR email or contact Professor Jenny she's just as good as the tutors. SHE KNOWS HER STUFF, DON'T BE SCARED TO ASK QUESTIONS (either way you have to have two conferences with her, why not put them to good use, right?).

My topic was about juvenile delinquency and prevention programs, analyzing success and failures. What kinds of juvenile programs were successful on rehabilitating juveniles and what programs weren't. One very useful source that I found for my research is:
Calabrese, R.L. & Adams, J. (1990). “Alienation: A cause of juvenile delinquency”. Adolescence, 25(98), 435-40. Retrieved from: http://proquest.umi.com.mimas.calstatela.edu/pqdweb?index=1&did=1499450&SrchMode=2&sid=1&Fmt=6&VInst=PROD&VType=PQD&RQT=309&VName=PQD&TS=1330936159&clientId=17855
You can find this source on the calstatela.edu website by going to library and clicking on articles then Criminal Justice Abstract with full text (EBSCO). Once you have clicked on this all you have to do is write the title of the article (if the link does not bring it up) and press search. Then WALLAH you've got your article. 


Good Luck Future Students ! 
Thanks Professor Jenny for a awesome course! (Only course that I actively participated in).

No comments:

Post a Comment