Tuesday, March 20, 2012

If only I had a time machine

Ok, right off the bat, this class is not meant for those who want to kick back all quarter. There will be assignments after every blink of an eye. So be PREPARED. The assignments will be easy if you don't put them aside and start working on them until the last night before class (ahem... me).
That in mind, I wrote my research paper the night before it was due. Yes, I'm a huge procrastinator and I have never regretted it so much as I did for this class. I'm probably never going to do it again! Oh how I learned my lesson!
Since I'm sure you all have done it before as well, I suggest to start spreading out your work and taking the steps your professor lays out for you. If I only had a time machine, I would use this advice and worship it.
My research topic was on the reentry process of ex-convicts into society. My question was "Is it a good idea to more widely accept ex-convicts into society?"
One source I found to be very beneficial was the article "The Reentry-Centered Vision of Criminal Justice" by Michael Pinard. He covered a lot points I've been contemplating over.
I found this source on the CSULA library website under "Articles". I used Proquest for half of my articles and Ebscohost for the rest. These two sites will get you on the right track.
Over all, I learned a lot in this class. I also stressed so much from procrastination, and I might need a week to recover from this, that I cannot begin to explain how important it is to just do your work on time. That is, if you don't want to experience madness.
The end :)

No comments:

Post a Comment