Monday, March 19, 2012

Early Prevention and Youth Crime


       My topic was on early prevention and youth crime. My paper was an evaluation that focused on the efficacy of prevention programs. It also went into detail about the 5 major risk factors of identifying early onset youth crime. It also included theorists and thinkers who supported my thesis on the fact that criminal behavior is learned through the environment and a juvenile is not already born a criminal.
        I used many sources to support my research but the most useful source was a textbook titled, “Juvenile Crime,” which was written and published by Jeffrey Ferro in 2003. It includes detailed information about juvenile crime and a fully annotated bibliography which helped me find other resources for my topic. What I found extremely useful about this book is that it includes a biographical listing on special thinkers and theorists for my topic.
        I would advice to do your research paper in small parts at a time, preferably subheadings. Make sure that the resources that you choose are mainly based on your topic so that you are not wasting your time reading useless information. Now that I have finally compiled all my information together, I wish that I could have included more theories for my topic. I have never written a 15 page paper, but I do feel confident with the information that I included in my research. Basically, don't procrastinate and feel confident and proud of your work.



No comments:

Post a Comment