Monday, March 19, 2012

Juvenile Drug Treatments

1. This project has been very stressful but yet very fulfilling to know that I am capable of doing this paper even though it sounds very hard. When doing this paper you should not procrastinate because doing it all in one day is nearly impossible. Before writing it give yourself plenty of time to get it all put together so that it flows correctly. Break up the essay into parts and doing maybe one a day until you are done and you are able to get it proofread. Go see the tutors in the writing center or your teacher because they really know what they are talking about and they know how to make your paper a great one. Make sure you use the library because without the books that I found I don't think I could have built a good paper with just articles.
If I could go back and do it differently I would have had it proofread a few more times so that I make sure that my that all of my grammar and that my APA is done correctly. There is only so much you can learn from the examples on the OWL Purdue. I would have liked to have chosen a different topic with more research or maybe re-thought my topic. Although my project has a lot of research done on it it was a bit hard to get info on my particular topic.
2. The topic that I chose to do my research paper on was juvenile drug treatments. My research question was "What does the effect of drug treatments have on drug-addicted juveniles?". It was tricky getting the right information to get started but once I got all of the information that I needed it was easy to get it done. My most useful source was this book called "Criminality and addiction: Selected issues for future policies, practice, & research" it was really useful and had a lot of the information that I needed all in one book. I found this book on the CSULA library website when I searched for books, it was really easy.


-Agustin Arredondo

No comments:

Post a Comment