Thursday, March 15, 2012

My topic is on police suicide, and I wanted to know what is the best methods in preventing police suicide. I found this to be a difficult topic because not enough studies have been conducted to prove what methods have actually work, so I ended up changing my thesis. The hard part in writing the literature review was trying to make a connection with all the sources and how to piece them together. You just have to skim through them over and over until you find some connection, if not, then you just have to go do more research and find a different source. Another hard part about the literature review for me was finding the theories. The theories were not really mention so I had to look through a few psychology books that deal with suicide. I recommend looking at this book,  Shneidman, E. (1985). Definition of Suicide. New York: John Wily & Sons, Inc. It start talking about the different theories on page 30 if you ever want to do a literature review on police suicide. 

No comments:

Post a Comment