Tuesday, March 20, 2012

"Bird by Bird"

My research topic was on stress and law enforcement. One source that I found useful and that you can always count on are the articles available through the the school article database. They're available 24/7!Attend the Library Day in your syllabus if you are not sure how to use it. It won't get much clearer than that. Students, start to think about your research topic ASAP! The common research topics will cause you to have fewer sources available through the school library. If you see that a majority of your classmates are writing about the same thing, dash to the library before they take what you need. Jenny suggested that you share in these cases but it is a lot easier said than done. This is one thing I wish I would have known when choosing my topic...

p.s. Jenny, please read "Bird by Bird" to the students sooner than you did with our class. It motivated me so much. Thanks for sharing this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment