Thursday, March 15, 2012

Wrongful Conviction through Eyewitness Testimony

I enjoyed doing a research on how eyewitness testimony can help or break a case. I was shocked to find out how many suspects have been wrongfully convicted and in some cases sentences were the death penalty. The research made me question why does the criminal justice system rely so heavily in eyewitness testimony. After so much research on the subject the problems I had were how to put the paper together. Every night I have stayed up late trying to make sure everyday I fix my errors. The main problem I had was the literature review because some articles had up to 7 authors and in one I could not find any information about.
Main articles I found where Scholarly Journals and the Innocence Project website can help with ideas on why eyewitness error occurs and what is being done to fix a broken system. One of the books I strongly recommend is The Innocence Commission, Preventing Wrongful Convictions and Restoring the Criminal Justice System, and A Tripartite Solution To Eyewitness Error. The readings discuss how can the system be reformed in order to help the innocent who are convicted.



P.S. I strongly suggest to take advantage of the 3 appointments per week the writing center allows. If it was not for the writing center I think I would have not finished my paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment