Thursday, March 22, 2012

There is a first time for everything......

Good Evening,

So the Spring Quarter has come and gone and I'm sure we're all better writers for taking this CRIM 301 class. Writing this research paper brought plenty of sleepless nights for me, but it's an experience I will cherish forever. This was the first time ever I've had to write a research paper in my college career, so getting started was extremely difficult. A tip of advice for anyone writing a research paper is to get the adequate help from people that have done this before. For example, taking advantage of the UWC (University Writing Center) which we pay for. The staff they have is amazing and they will lead you in the correct path in terms of success of your paper. Without having anything written yet, they help me develop my research question and even helped me to look for appropriate sources for my paper. I was extremely happy with their services. In terms of my mistakes and things I could have done differently, I should have started working on this project after the 3rd week of class. Getting started early will make your journey writing this research paper alot smoother. TRUST ME, DO IT!! You will not regret it. Doing this project in parts will save you headaches and stress. Also, don't question your writing ability. I did that for this project and I think knowing it was my first time ever writing a research paper didn't help. Trust your writing, you have made this far in your college career and I'm sure it wasn't by mistake. My paper was written on Juvenile Delinquency. I wanted to know "The Effects Family and Parenting have on Behavior Disorders in Children." I broke my research into three parts and looked at three different factors that affect children. Comparing data is the best thing you can do in a research project. Doing research wasn't easy though and again getting the appropriate help from experts will make your journey a lot smoother. I can't emphasize that any greater. Overall though, my experience writing this paper was a great one. I learned a lot not only from this project, but the class as a whole. A lot a new different writing tools I have acquired. Don't procrastinate and get working on this project early. You will be glad you did. A big thanks to Prof. Hicks for all her help and to all my classmates enjoy your one week break.

No comments:

Post a Comment