Tuesday, March 20, 2012

White-collar crimes

Dear Future Students:

If you would like to know about white-collar crimes, read on.

1. You probably want to know why it is significant to study and research white-collar crimes. Well, let me just tell you that white-collar crimes are costing the American economy $250-600 billion a year. A YEAR!! Do not be discouraged by the process of looking for articles and whatever sources you would look for. You may not find the EXACT answer you are looking for, but there are so much information about white-collar crimes out there that if you have passion for it, you will be able to form your own opinions about them, or infer something from various sources. Just read everything you can as time permits and gain knowledge about the topic before you even start thinking what's relevant to your research. This inevitably helped me write smoothly in the end. I wish that I had taken the White-Collar Crimes course at CSULA before I began this course. It was not easy for me to teach myself everything from the very basic.

2. I had so many questions in regards to white-collar crimes. I wanted to know the circumstances around the damages the white-collar criminals caused in the American society. I wanted to know how they were prosecuted. I wanted to know what was effective to stop this whole situation. Yes, I am greedy when it comes to learning. I really liked Ronald J. Berger's book, "White-Collar Crime - The Abuse of Corporate and Government Power." You can borrow this in the library. This book was very comprehensive, and gave broad insights to the field of white-collar crimes. Although this book contains some interesting examples, if you can supplement the analysis beyond what's in this book (e.g. peer-reviewed articles), I think that would make your paper more sophisticated.

Good luck!!!

M. Suzuki


No comments:

Post a Comment