Monday, March 19, 2012

Research Project

My topic was on rehabilitation methods for juvenile offenders to decrease recidivism. This paper has been the most difficult piece of work I had to do all quarter. Although it was a lot of work and a huge headache, I did learn a lot from it. It was a great learning experience. My advice to other students is to break down your information in sections, work on piece by piece of your paper, do not procrastinate, and do not be afraid to ask for help. The University Writing Center helped me fix all the grammar errors in my paper and I always asked Jenny for help. Do not ever hesitate to ask her for help. Also, attend and pay attention to the Library Workshops because they come in handy and are helpful. I was a bit hesitant when I found out I had to use books as sources, but I'm glad I had to because books were more helpful then journals. Books have a lot more information and go more into detail. One of the books I used, "Juvenile Justice: Theory, Systems, and Organization" by James Houston and Shannon M. Barton, was extremely helpful. The CSULA Library has a lot of good books on Criminal Justice.
-Bianca Robles

No comments:

Post a Comment