Monday, March 19, 2012

Surveillance & privacy rights

I wrote my research paper on privacy rights surrounding surveillance in America. At first, getting information was very hard. I was overwhelmed with what I found and frustrated when I couldn't narrow it down to what I wanted. Eventually I did narrow it down enough for a paper.
My advice is the same as others: do NOT procrastinate. You will definitely regret putting it off until the last minute (I know I do!). Split the paper up into parts. Maybe one day work on the literature review, then the next day on the background. Its not difficult once you break it all down. Make sure you pay attention when Jenny is explaining things that deal with the paper. If you have any questions, ask her! Jenny is very helpful; do not let her advice go in one ear and out the other. 
The most helpful source I found was a book from the library titled "You Decide! Current Debates in Criminal Justice" by Bruce N. Waller. This book not only has multiple articles (which work as a source each!) but also help with getting the research started.

No comments:

Post a Comment